Friday, September 19, 2008

My Conversation with Rhymefest...

To preface all of this:
For those of you who don't know who rhymefest is:



And check around the 4:50 mark of this clip:



That's a song from Kanye West's first joint, College dropout.

aight, enough with the intro...

The Story:
I was watching a rhymefest interview and he stated that he runs his own myspace and that he responds to messages.

Normally rappers say that, but rarely do they actually respond. I hit him with a message, and to my amazement, he hit me back. I forgot exactly what I asked him (something about society), but he wanted to chop it up with me so he gave me his number (pause).

I hit him up and we chopped it up or whatever, and eventually the conversation came around to hip hop. He asked me to spit a 16.

I thought to myself, "this is my shot!!" So I spit the best one I could think of, and he was like "that was dope brother"....

....But that was it. Just like Kanye, I didn't get a deal or nothin...haha, but I did get respect from a grammy award winning emcee.

The journey continues...


$ makes sense

2 comments:

crysd90 said...

Like an experience for a future memoir, lol. It's interesting though

C.A.S.H. said...

yeah...good lookin..