Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Trust? (shouts to Raven)

Trust:
I was reading a blog entry from an old friend of mine about trust...and I felt compelled to speak about it from my perspective.

I used to say "one and done!" Meaning if I was ever cheated on, she was gettin the boot. But times have changed.

After being married for 2 years, and in a relationship for about 4...my thoughts on trust and cheating specifically have changed.

First off, I've found peace and comfort knowing that I trust my wife, but also that I don't, won't and can't know the actual truth. I'm cool knowing that my wife very well could be lying to my face and doin her thang with the next nigga..but that I trust she is honest when she tells me she was hanging with her patnas last night, yada yada.

Unless you are crazy with the spy, private investigator shit, you can't know what your woman or man is doing. I got patnas that truly believe that their woman would never cheat on them but the truth of the matter is...they don't know.

For me, the whole idea of cheating doesn't even hold that type of power over relationships anymore. Maybe from being married, or me getting older, or working thru the dishonesting and trust issues with my wife about small shit early in our relationship, but for whatever reason,I don't care about her cheating..as much. my relationship means and his worth more than one mistake.

My thing is, if my wife was to cheat, the action itself is very insignificant to me in the larger scope of life. I'd be much more hurt and angered if she told me she was falling in love with some nigga compared to her cheating with some cat.

Iono...maybe it's a crazy perspective...might change if I ever get cheated on....who knows

$ makes sense....or maybe I dont

2 comments:

~RaVenBaBie~ said...

yea...thats a very good perspective...its good to know that you and your wife have that trust..

C.A.S.H. said...

I appreciate it....